Finding a good coach is a crucial part of personal, professional and career development. But how do you find a good coach when the coaching industry is unregulated and anyone can call themselves a ‘coach’?
Our listing makes the process of choosing the right coach easier. To ensure our listed Wise Goose trained coaches provide an excellent service, they all meet the following quality benchmarks:
- Belong to a professional coaching organisation
- Abide by the Association for Coaching Global Code of Ethics
- Have regular supervision and engage in on-going continuing professional development
- Are fully insured
- Our ‘low-cost’ student coaches have completed a minimum of 50 hours’ coach training and are in the process of becoming qualified
- Our professional coaches have the Association for Coaching’s highest level ‘Accredited Advanced Diploma in Coach Training (AADCT)’
How do you find the right coach for you?
Review our coach profiles to find information about their coaching approach and specialisms, then contact anyone you think will be a good ‘fit’ directly. You have the option of working with a qualified and experienced qualified ‘professional’ coach or a student who is building their coaching hours prior to qualification.
Many of our qualified coaches have experience of working in an organisational context, coaching executive, leadership, performance and career issues. You will also find coaches here whose expertise and focus is personal, ‘life’ or well-being coaching. Students in training offer low cost coaching to individuals at £30 a session. We recommend you have a ‘chemistry’ conversation with two or three coaches before making your choice. If you can’t find a coach near you, most work remotely, for example by telephone or Skype/Zoom.
Although we can guarantee coaches will meet the quality benchmarks above, ultimately the responsibility for engaging and contracting with a coach is yours; the contract is between you and your coach, not with Wise Goose.
If you are looking for a team of coaches to deliver coaching across your organisation, book a call with us to discuss your requirements. Having defined the type of coaching programme required, we will then help you find the best fit based on your needs.